Deadline: 29 May 2016
The High Commission of Canada in South Africa is accepting proposals from local NGOs and other grassroots organizations for its Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI), with an aim to strengthen Canada’s relationships with civil society and local communities and to build networks of contacts in countries around the world.
- Championing inclusive and accountable governance, peaceful pluralism and respect for diversity, and human rights
- Promoting gender equality and empowerment of women and girls
- Addressing climate change and enhancing environmental sustainability
- Stimulating sustainable and green economic growth
- Promoting stability and security
- The average contribution is Canadian $20,000-$30,000.
- All projects must be completed between the date of signature of the Contribution Agreement and 28 February 2017.
- Local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations
- Local academic institutions working on local projects
- International, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on local development activities
- Municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies of the recipient country working on local projects
- Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that are working on local development activities
How to Apply
- Proposals should be submitted electronically through the given website.
- Proposals must be completed in English or French.
For more information, please visit Canada Fund for Local Initiatives.