Deadline: 6 July 2016
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is seeking applications from eligible organisations for a program entitled “Building Capacity of the Public Health System to Improve Population Health through National, Non-profit Organisations” that is financed in part by 2016 Prevention and Public Health Funds.
The purpose of this program is to ensure the provision of capacity-building assistance (CBA) for governmental and non-governmental components of the public health system to optimize the quality and performance of public health systems, the public health workforce and public health data and information’s systems, public health practice and services, public health partnerships and public health resources.
- Increase state, tribal, local and territorial public health agencies’ capacity to more efficiently and effectively manage and deliver high quality programs and services to protect the public’s health
- Increase the infusion of public health knowledge across governmental and non- governmental components of the public health system
Funding Information: The approximate total supplemental funding is $48,000,000.
- Increased adoption of new or proven business improvements leading to management and administration efficiencies or cost savings.
- Increased availability and accessibility of continuing education and training focused on public health competencies and new skills, including the use of experience based internship ad fellowship.
- Increased incorporation of core public health competencies into employee position descriptions and performance evaluations
- Increased integration of state-of-the-art technology into data collection and information system
- Increased implementation of evidence-based public health programs, policies, and services
- Improved capacity to meet nationally established standards, such as those for health department accreditation.
- Establishment and maintenance of diverse public health partnerships for meaningful cooperation and achievement of evidence-based public health strategies and interventions.
- Improved quality, availability, and accessibility of public health education materials, training and evaluation tools and resources.
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education.
- Eligible applicants are limited to the 26 national, non-profit professional public health organizations that were awarded to provide capacity building assistance (CBA) to governmental and non-governmental components of the public health system.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application packages via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Building Capacity of the Public Health System.