The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invites applicants to participate in a Call for Proposal for CSO/NGO to support the RESTORE (Response Toward Resilience) project, Local Economic Development in Sambik Elen, Bayan, West Nusa Tenggara.
The Local Economic Development Program focused on promoting economic recovery at the community level, especially in the post-disaster and COVID-19 response. The main goal is to enhance the community’s knowledge and capacity to recover from disaster and COVID-19 impacts. The main target is to enhance the MSMEs and community’s capacity in resilient recovery through the provision of assistance to developing local commodity, business diversification, enhance value chains and supply chains, digital marketing strategy, etc.
To enable an effective, sustainable livelihood recovery response, implementors may consider activities from three primary sets of actions, all of them essential. These include:
- Activities for the recovery of SLF components:
- Understanding livelihood damages and needs in their contexts.
- Restoring and protecting productive assets.
- Rehabilitating and protecting livelihood strategies and dynamics.
- Enabling institutions, regulations, and processes that are key to livelihood recovery.
- Activities intended to accomplish other priorities for risk reduction while recovering and rebuilding livelihoods:
- Promoting a culture of safety and resilience among livelihood groups and sectors.
- Assuring livelihood preparedness for timely responses in the face of disasters.
- Activities to promote the recovery of sustainable livelihoods strategies along with the larger aim of reducing poverty.
The project should apply a combination of policy and capacity development initiatives and grant mechanism through the followings approaches:
- Advocacy and Promotion Strategy.
- Capacity Building Strategy.
- Participatory Strategy.
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Strategy.
- Sustainability Strategy.
- Transparency and Accountability Strategy.
- The grant recipient (civil society or non-governmental organization) with experiences in community development, livelihood, local development planning, and stakeholder coordination in disaster-prone areas, are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=75711