The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas (CFSEK) is pleased to announce the 2020 Future Fund grant applications. The Future Fund provides grants for Crawford County, Kansas, nonprofit organizations, schools, and religious and governmental organizations.
Established in 2005, the CFSEK Future Fund is composed of a group of community members who pool their resources for important charitable projects in Crawford County, Kansas.
- For 2020, the Future Fund Review Committee hopes to award a total of $15,622 to local nonprofits.
- Future Fund grants are only available for 501(c)(3) organizations, educational institutions, units of government, and religious organizations in Crawford County, Kansas.
- If you’re uncertain whether your group or organization is eligible for a grant, please contact CFSEK for help.
What are Future Fund grants?
Established in 2005, the CFSEK Future Fund is composed of a group of community members who pool their resources for important charitable projects in Crawford County, Kansas. In 2019, the Future Fund awarded $14,586 to support 16 Crawford County organizations, with the amount of each grant ranging from $236 to $2,500. Past projects that received grants from the Future Fund include:
- The Family Resource Center provided book bags and books to families with infants and toddlers.
- The Girard Warriors Youth Track Club purchased javelins and shot puts for their track-and-field athletes.
- PSU Exercise Science students worked with local firefighters on a Wellness Fitness Initiative.
- Quilts of Valor purchased materials to create quilts to honor local veterans for their service.
- SEK Women Helping Women: A Fairy Godmother’s Fund provided grants to support needed car repair or insurance assistance for families.
- The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas (CFSEK) is a nonprofit organization committed to encouraging charitable giving benefitting the common good and improving the quality of life for everyone in southeast Kansas.
- CFSEK is home to more than 160 charitable funds advancing a wide array of charitable interests, including education, health and wellness, and social benefit. Several of those funds, including the Future Fund Giving Circle, have annual granting cycles during which other nonprofit organizations can apply for grants to help fund their charitable projects.
For more information, visit https://www.southeastkansas.org/post.cfm/future-fund-grants-2020