The Common Fund for Commodities (CFC) is seeking applications for financing projects along the commodity value chains following sustainability roadmap. CFC provides a range of financial and technical instruments to support projects proposed by SMEs/enterprises, cooperatives, and institutions along the entire commodity value chain in its member countries.
- SDG 1: No poverty
- SDG 2: Zero hunger
- SDG 5: Gender Equality
- SDG 7: Affordable and clean energy
- SDG 8: Decent work and economic growth
- SDG 10: Reduced inequalities
- SDG 13: Climate action
- The CFC funds projects under loan and other debt instruments. The maximum amount is USD 2 million (or EUR equivalent) for regular projects, and up to USD 120,000 under the Fast Track procedure.
- have a potential measurable positive socio-economic and environmental impact on the stakeholders in commodity value chains as compared to the prevailing baseline situation, measured by indictors in the following sectors:
- Social: Create employment (particularly for youth and women), provide sustained increase in household incomes, reduce poverty, and enhance food security.
- Economic: Enhance production and productivity, achieve higher local value addition; improve competitiveness of producers, producer organisations and small and medium sized industries, support the financial sector development.
- Environmental/ Climate: Enhance production taking into account the environment and its long-term possibilities for the same, or increased use of productive resources while maintaining or reducing the impact on the environment, by solar/biogas energy and/or providing evidence on carbon footprint or a proxy to it.
- are financially sustainable, represented
- by audit reports provided for 2 to 3 years together with the application
- by a financial plan going forward, provided by excel spread sheet to be delivered with eh application showing a planned P&L and planned balance sheet for the time horizon to be financed
- All interested SMEs/enterprises/ cooperatives/governments are kindly invited to submit qualifying proposals.
- All legal public and private entities are eligible to apply under this Call for Proposals, provided they:
- operate in commodity value chains or provide financial services to micro, small and medium sized businesses operating in these value chains,
- have a proven relevant track record of sound financial operations in their current and / or proposed activities over a period of at least 3 years, which can be documented by means of (audited) financial statements,
- share CFC’s values, including internationally recognized principles concerning human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption as reflected in the United Nations Global Compact, and
- do not fall under the exclusion criteria, as defined on CFC’s Exclusion list
For more information, visit http://www.common-fund.org/call-for-proposals/