The Tasman District Council is inviting applications for its Community Grant Program.
The Tasman District Council allocates funds towards the annual Community Grants with the expectation of the following benefits:
- to enable Council to work with communities by encouraging community based solutions;
- to support the community to find ways to improve the delivery of services or infrastructure;
- to support the work of volunteers across the district.
- a cost-effective way for services to be delivered to local communities. The return has been calculated as a $3-$5 return for every $1 spent.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- address an identified community need.
- align with the council’s community outcomes.
- join communities together.
- are not solely reliant on council funding.
Categories and Funding Amount
- Community and Economic Development Initiatives $30,000
- Arts/Culture/Heritage/Museums $30,000
- Initiatives that support the preservation, profile and awareness of the districts history, arts and cultures. Average allocations are less than $2,000.
- Festivals and Events $35,000
- Support for events that engage with the community and celebrate their unique culture. An emphasis will be on supporting new events to become established and self funding. Average allocations are less than $1,500
- Youth and Children $25,000
- Support for community based programmes with a social, educational or sport and recreation focus. Average allocations are less than $1,000.
- Social Services $30,000
- Support for community based social services which aim to improve the self esteem, independence and skills of socially disadvantaged. Average allocations are less than $1,250.
- Environment $20,000
- Support for the administration and materials related to projects such as plantings, landscaping, beautification and weed control in public places. Average allocations are less than $1,500.
- Emergency Services $16,000
- Support for community based organisations that offer first response emergency services. Average allocations are less than $1,000.
- Sports and Recreation Facilities $33,000
- Support for club and/or group led sport and recreation facility development. An emphasis is on new capital projects or facility improvements. Grants are up to a maximum of $5,000.
- To ensure grants fit with the purpose of Local Government, applications must:
- take place within Tasman and/or demonstrate benefit to Tasman residents. (Services delivered regionally will have funding eligibility relative to the benefit gained by Tasman residents)
- applications must be for a specific project
- demonstrate the contribution the project will make to Council’s Community Outcomes and Long Term Plan priorities.
- assistance is for organisations, not individuals.
- not be for a project that is the responsibility of Central Government or other agencies.
- identify benefit to the community that will result from the funding.
- demonstrate community support.
- The grants provide assistance to specific areas of the applying organisation’s operations – these are:
- administration costs (limited)
- one-off projects (not major capital projects or maintenance of facilities)
- project development costs
- service delivery costs, and
- funding is allocated annually as one-off-grants
- Sport and Recreation Facilities Fund applications must be for capital works or improvements to recreation facilities in the Tasman District.
For more information, visit https://tasman.govt.nz/my-community/grants-and-funding/available-grants-and-funding/community-grants-grants-from-rates/