The Taupō District Council is seeking applications for the Community Sports Grant to support sporting activities and approved projects in the Taupō District.
- The purpose of the fund is to:
- Assist appropriate voluntary sports clubs or organisations in the provision of projects or services that improve the wellbeing of the community.
- Provide financial grants to individuals resident in the Taupō District (including high school students who may board outside the district during the school term) in recognition of an individual’s excellence in sport and the profile their representative selection will bring to the community.
- Social Well-being
- Arts & Culture
- Environmental Well-being.
- Partnership agreements are for a minimum of $5,000.00 per year for three years.
- Community grant applications must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applications cannot be made retrospectively.
- Community groups and individuals from within the Taupō district will be eligible to apply for community grants. (this includes high school students who may board outside the district)
- Community groups/ organisations from outside the Taupō district will need to demonstrate the benefit to the local community/ward that they are applying to.
- Individuals living outside the Taupō district will not be eligible to apply for a community grant.
- An applicant must advise if they are seeking or have received funding from another source and the purpose of the funding.
- Individuals applying for a grant are required to provide documentary evidence of the event they are attending or creating, the nature of their representative selection or event, i.e. who they are representing, how they were selected, type of event.
- Previous accountabilities must be completed within 1 month of project being completed.
- Applications must be fully completed
- Individuals are not required to attach personal financials
- Individuals are required to attach a budget
- Applications will not be accepted after the advertised closing date of any funding round.
- Community grant recipients must use their grant within 12 months of receipt unless prior approval is given by Taupō District Council.
- Please note that all applications (including any personal information supplied) for community grants are made available to the council/committee and the public.
- Any unused grants or portion of a grant must be returned to Taupō District Council
Community Grants Criteria
- Grants may be used for but not limited to the following purposes:
- Materials & supplies
- Equipment and uniforms retained by club/organisation
- Advertising costs
- Venue or equipment hire
- Salaries & wages
- Operational costs
- Maintenance of equipment or facilities.
For more information, visit Community Sports Grant.