Deadline: 6 September 2019
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is accepting proposals for the fifth round of its Competitive Fund for Peace and Recovery (P&R) Program that is focused on prevention, mitigation, responses to, and recovery strategies for most forms of social and political violence as well as humanitarian emergencies, including:
- International and internal wars
- State-supported violence and repression, from mass killings to police brutality
- Electoral violence
- Riots, protests, strikes, and other collective action (violent and nonviolent)
- Intergroup violence, including ethnic and sectarian violence
- “Recovery” responses after violence or destruction, such as after civil war or natural disaster
The funding for the Peace & Recovery Program comes from DFID, which has approved £12m of UK Aid for three initiatives, together with their partners at J-PAL. The funding includes an increase in support for J-PAL’s Governance Initiative and funding for new research, particularly experiments, in crime, violence, and conflict through JPAL’s Crime and Violence Initiative (CVI) and IPA’s Peace & Recovery program.
- Reducing violence and promoting peace
- Reducing “fragility” (i.e. fostering state capability and institutions of decision-making)
- Preventing, coping with, and recovering from crises (focusing on conflict, but also including non-conflict humanitarian crises)
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Colombia, Côte d’Ivoire, Dominican Republic, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mexico, Myanmar, Nigeria, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
For more information, please visit https://www.poverty-action.org/program-area/peace-and-recovery/competitive-fund-peace-and-recovery