The British Council is currently seeking applications for the Connections Through Culture Grant Programme to support artistic collaboration and exchange between creative professionals and arts organisations in East Asia and all four nations of the UK.
It aims to support new connections, exchanges, and collaborations between the UK and East Asia that build long-term relationships among artists, creative practitioners, and art and cultural organisations, hubs, networks, and collectives through collaborative digital, face to face, and/or hybrid artistic projects.
- They accept proposals of all artforms, and encourage proposals that respond to the following priority themes for this year:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Climate Change
- Australia, Japan, New Zealand: Up to GBP 5,000
- The mainland of China, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines: Up to GBP 10,000
- Project proposals should have a timeline ending no later than 31 October 2024
What can the Grant be used for?
- The grant should be used to support the process to develop new projects with artistic expression or creativity at the core and that will result in collaborative activities including artistic and creative exchange of either skills, knowledge and practice or the co-production towards new artistic and creative content.
- Various approaches can be employed such as art residencies, exhibitions, performances and showcases, publications, webinars, and conferences, among others.
- Each application must comprise of at least one (1) UK partner and one (1) East Asia partner from countries
- Thailand: Due to the office’s foundation status in Thailand, grants can only be processed through the Thai partner (Lead Applicant or Counterpart Applicant) of the CTC UK-Thailand grants.
- Organisation applicants should be registered in the UK or in any of the listed East Asia countries (Australia, the mainland of China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, and Thailand)
- Individual applicants should be East Asian nationals living inside any of the listed East Asia countries (Australia, the mainland of China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, and Thailand) or UK individuals based/living inside of the United Kingdom unless temporarily living but retaining a home address in the United Kingdom and defined by His Majesty’s Revenue & Customs as ‘resident the in the UK’ for tax
- Funding bodies are not eligible
- Proposed projects must be projects for the arts, cultural or creative sector(s) within any of the following art forms:
- Creative technology (including games, immersive, mixed, augmented and virtual reality)
- Visual Arts
- Theatre and dance (including circus)
- Architecture, design & fashion (including craft)
- They also welcome proposals for:
- The scope of a project might be simply to collaborate on a piece of art, a film, piece of writing or, music, or could include any of the following:
- Exhibitions, festivals, showcases, workshops, performances, screening programmes
- Projects which focus on or include digital innovation (such as projects which combine art with technology in a new or different way)
- Conferences, panels and talks
- Creative use of archives
- Research and development of future project ideas
For more information, visit British Council.