Deadline: 6 October 2017
The Caribbean Policy Development Centre (CPDC) in partnership with the European Union (EU) is currently inviting umbrella non-governmental organisations for its small grant program to enhance the capacity of umbrella NGOs to efficiently and effectively provide services to their beneficiaries/members by providing financial support for actions that improve their operational responsiveness and performance with regards to members’ needs.
- Improve organizational management and sustainability through the development of strategies and plans
- Enhance financial reporting and systems for financial accountability
- Increase membership outreach, responsiveness and accountability of networks/ umbrellas to members and beneficiaries
- Support organizational efficiency and effectiveness through upgrade of office equipment
- Support NGOs to improve the skills capacity of their staff to assess member needs and formulate responsive programming
- Enhance the skills of capacity and members through the provision of training and capacity building
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall USD 8,000 and USD 10,000.
In order to be eligible for a grant, the applicant must:
- Have members or well-defined affiliations with other organizations that actively recognize the umbrella body as having a coordination role
- Be legally registered and operating in a CARIFORUM Member State for at least 3 years
- Have an established operational base in a Member State of CARIFORUM (mentioned below)
- Have an operational presence including a current and registered bank account with two signatories, social media presence and telephone listing
- Have the demonstrated human resources to ensure the delivery of the project
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project
- Proven track record of at least 3 years working on behalf of member associations
- The organization must agree to sign unto the NGO Code of Conduct
- Be non-profit-making
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Antigua & and Barbuda, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Lucia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago.
For more information, please visit CPDC Call for Concept Notes.