Deadline: 20 April 2018
The Caribbean Policy Development Centre (CPDC) is currently inviting registered NGOs located in the CARIFORUM region to submit Expressions of Interest to undertake Small Scale Advocacy Actions that engage policymakers at the national level to create enabling legislative environments for NGOs to improve their operations.
The Caribbean Policy Development Centre (CPDC) in partnership with the European Union (EU) is implementing a joint 3-year grant partnership that seeks to build the capacity of the Non-Governmental Sector in the Caribbean through the implementation of a number of specific actions. As a key component of the project, CPDC has been working to foster an enabling legislative and regulatory environment for NGOs across the Caribbean region to contribute more effectively to national and regional development.
Suitably qualified and experienced NGOs undertake a range of small-scale advocacy actions that target national policy makers, stakeholders and various publics for sensitization on the benefits of creating the enabling legislative environment that supports standards for NGOs to function and legitimize their role as vital development partners in the society.
- General Objective
- To undertake advocacy campaigning which engages policymakers at the national level to create an enabling legislative environment for NGOs to more effectively operate.
- Specific Objectives
- To sensitize key stakeholders including governments about the role and contribution of NGOs and the benefits of NGO Legislation.
- To build synergies, partnerships and ultimately national consensus within civil society towards enactment of enabling NGO legislation
- To encourage NGOs to take advantage of enabling NGO legislation enacted
The advocacy actions will be implemented for the duration of 6 months maximum following signature and receipt of funds. One additional month will be allocated to final reporting based on agreed terms. The range and intensity of actions must be sustained, visible, and impactful in the national space.
Successful applicants will receive an amount of approximately US$5000 to undertake activities.
Applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Be legally registered and operating in the CARIFORUM Member State of registration
- Have an operational base identifiable by physical address, organizational telephone listing, and active social media presence
- Demonstrated human resource capacity to ensure timely delivery of the advocacy actions
- Have a proven track record of advocacy actions in the immediate past 2 years
- Commit to actually implement, manage and report on the advocacy actions
- Must agree to sign on to the NGO Code of Conduct as the guiding framework for actions
How to Apply
Submissions should be sent at the address given on the website with subject line: Expression of Interest to Undertake Small Scale Advocacy Actions.
For more information, please visit CPDC.