Deadline: 20 April 2018
The Caribbean Policy Development Centre (CPDC) is currently inviting registered NGOs located in the CARIFORUM region to submit Expressions of Interest to undertake Small Scale Advocacy Actions that engage policymakers at the national level to create enabling legislative environments for NGOs to improve their operations.
The Caribbean Policy Development Centre (CPDC) in partnership with the European Union (EU) is implementing a joint 3-year grant partnership that seeks to build the capacity of the Non-Governmental Sector in the Caribbean through the implementation of a number of specific actions. As a key component of the project, CPDC has been working to foster an enabling legislative and regulatory environment for NGOs across the Caribbean region to contribute more effectively to national and regional development.
Suitably qualified and experienced NGOs undertake a range of small-scale advocacy actions that target national policy makers, stakeholders and various publics for sensitization on the benefits of creating the enabling legislative environment that supports standards for NGOs to function and legitimize their role as vital development partners in the society.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- General Objective
- To undertake advocacy campaigning which engages policymakers at the national level to create an enabling legislative environment for NGOs to more effectively operate.
- Specific Objectives
- To sensitize key stakeholders including governments about the role and contribution of NGOs and the benefits of NGO Legislation.
- To build synergies, partnerships and ultimately national consensus within civil society towards enactment of enabling NGO legislation
- To encourage NGOs to take advantage of enabling NGO legislation enacted
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The advocacy actions will be implemented for the duration of 6 months maximum following signature and receipt of funds. One additional month will be allocated to final reporting based on agreed terms. The range and intensity of actions must be sustained, visible, and impactful in the national space.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Successful applicants will receive an amount of approximately US$5000 to undertake activities.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Be legally registered and operating in the CARIFORUM Member State of registration
- Have an operational base identifiable by physical address, organizational telephone listing, and active social media presence
- Demonstrated human resource capacity to ensure timely delivery of the advocacy actions
- Have a proven track record of advocacy actions in the immediate past 2 years
- Commit to actually implement, manage and report on the advocacy actions
- Must agree to sign on to the NGO Code of Conduct as the guiding framework for actions
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Submissions should be sent at the address given on the website with subject line: Expression of Interest to Undertake Small Scale Advocacy Actions.
For more information, please visit CPDC.