Deadline: 30 June 2017
CRDF Global is currently inviting applicants for its 2017 Catalyzing New Research Partnerships (Cat-NRP) Program with an aim to catalyze new international research collaborations designed to open up new scientific directions for U.S. early career scientists, their South/Southeast Asian, Latin American West/Sub-Saharan African counterparts, and the broader international science community.
The maximum total award amount is $10,000 U.S. Dollars (USD).
All applications must meet each of the following eligibility criteria:
- Each application submitted must have only one Primary Applicant who will take overall responsibility for the proposed travel and related activities. If the proposal only includes one traveler, that person is automatically designated as the Primary Applicant.
- The scope of the research project that will be eventually undertaken must be in the area of the natural sciences or engineering and must be directly related to one of the following NSF directorates:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer and Information Science and Engineering
- Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- The Primary Applicant must:
- Be an Early-Career Scientist: for the purposes of this RFP, an “Early Career Scientist” is defined as a scientist/researcher who has completed their Ph.D. (or equivalent) within the last six (6) years from the application deadline.
- Be a citizen and permanent resident of the United States and employed by a non-profit (501(c)(3)) U.S. research institution or accredited university.
- Have received the approval of their non-U.S. counterpart to visit the non-U.S. laboratory or research institution. This approval must be demonstrated in the form of a letter of support from the non-U.S. counterpart, written on letterhead from the counterpart’s institution.
- The Primary Applicant’s non-U.S. Counterpart must be a citizen and permanent resident of a Lower or Middle Income Country in South/Southeast Asia, Latin America or Western/Sub-Saharan Africa and employed by a non-profit research institution or university in their respective country of residence.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Cat-NRP Program.