In partnership with the Australian Government, DFAT, the Child Safe Volunteering (CSV) Hub project is inviting applications for the Small Grants Scheme.
The Australian Government, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) has established the Child Safe Volunteering (CSV) Hub managed by AVI in the Pacific. The CSV Hub aims to support existing work and leadership in child safeguarding and the promotion of responsible tourism and volunteering practices.
The CSV Hub Small Grants Scheme (herein referred to as the Scheme) will support organizational and community capacity building in child safeguarding and child safe tourism and volunteering practices.
- The Scheme will support the delivery of projects, to enable change in policy, practices and systems to improve the safeguarding of children and young people, raise awareness on child safe tourism and volunteering practices or reduce the risk of children being harmed by strengthening child safeguarding systems and practices in communities and organizations.
- The CSV Hub will implement two targeted rounds of the Small Grants Scheme in 2021/22.
- child safeguarding institutional strengthening round in October 2021
- child safe tourism / volunteering round in February 2022.
Organizations can submit a proposal for a maximum of AUD $ 10,000.
Project activities could include:
- engaging a child protection / safeguarding consultant to deliver training to staff, develop a child protection policy or conduct a review of child safe measures
- designing and printing child safe resources for families and children
- developing an online training module for staff and volunteers
- providing personal safety / online safety information for young people
- running a series of positive parenting / caregiver classes
- holding a workshop on child safeguarding
- The Scheme is open to community, youth, faith based and non-government organizations and groups, networks / coalitions / campaigns, educational institutions, tourism associations, volunteering organizations and existing partners of the CSV Hub or the Australian Volunteers Program.
- The Scheme will support the delivery of projects, activities, workshops / seminars / forums to:
- streng then child safeguarding systems, policies and practices
- develop practice models, guidelines, resources, tools, materials (eg posters, videos) to build capacity in child safeguarding
- raise awareness on child safe practices
- support existing work, policies and standards that focus on the safety and wellbeing of children and com munities
- Projects should be locally informed and aim to complement existing capacity building initiatives.
- Organizations with an annual operational budget of no more than AUD $ 500,000 are eligible to apply, however organizations with operational budgets over this amount may be considered if the grant funds are being used for a project or activity that aligns with the objectives of the CSV Hub project outcomes and objectives.
- Projects designed to begin within one month of the Organization signing the CSV Small Grants Funding Agreement and completed within 12 months of start date.
- Partner Organizations who have received, completed and acquitted agrant from the CSV Hub Small Grants Scheme previously can apply. However, organizations who have never received AVP or CSV Hub grant funding will be given preference.
For more information, visit https://pacific.childsafevolunteering.com/blog/resources/round-3-csv-hub-small-grants-scheme-guidelines/