Deadline: 6 February 2020
The U.S. Embassy in Cyprus, in collaboration with the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM), is currently accepting proposals for the Julia Taft Refugee Fund from potential NGO partners working in the area of refugee protection and assistance in Cyprus.
Julia Taft Fund awards provide up to $25,000 in funding for one-time, low-cost gaps in refugee protection and assistance and to respond to urgent needs that have not been addressed by larger multilateral refugee programs.
The activities of the proposed project should not be directed to sustained programs or duplicate services provided by the United Nations High Commission for Refugees or other multilateral refugee programs. Funding for proposals submitted in response to this funding notice is not guaranteed and will be based on availability of funding.
Examples of Projects that have received Funding in Prior Years:
- Job/Vocational Training for Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- Establishment of Community Centers to Serve Refugee and Asylum Seeker Populations
- Language Classes for Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- Rehabilitation of Shelters for Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- Psychological and Support Services to Unaccompanied Minors
For more information, visit https://cy.usembassy.gov/embassy/julia-taft-refugee-fund-proposals-announcement/