Deadline: 23 June 2020
The Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance (DCAF) Trust Fund for Security Sector Development Assistance in North Africa (TFNA) is seeking applications from qualified consultants or companies to carry out an evaluation of its programmes.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
In response to this heightened interest in and demand for expertise in security sector governance and reform, the Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance (DCAF) offered its services to the new governments of Tunisia, Egypt and Libya and strengthened its activities in Morocco. In line with this commitment, the DCAF Trust Fund for Security Sector Development Assistance in North Africa (TFNA) was created in 2012 so that assistance activities in support of nationally led efforts of security sector reform can be implemented in the most effective and efficient manner as possible.
Purpose of the evaluation
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The evaluation seeks to assess the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability of the Trust Fund’s interventions. In addition, the evaluation will consider the structure and functioning of the TFNA.
The evaluation shall serve to:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- help determine the extent to which the activities conducted under the TFNA have contributed towards the achievement of the defined outcomes (effective Oversight, adequate legal and policy framework; and responsive security); and
- gather lessons learnt in order to inform the strategic steering, programming, planning, implementation and knowledge management of the TFNA.
The DCAF Trust Fund for North Africa (TFNA) is established to finance DCAF supported security sector governance development goals, within a context of democratic transition, in countries of North Africa. All activities that are ODA eligible may be financed by the DCAF TFNA, which consists of five distinct windows:
- North Africa – Regional Program
Contributing donors can opt to contribute to either the North Africa window, or to one or several of the four listed country windows, or to both the regional and the country windows. Beyond this option, the Fund however does not accept any other form of earmarking.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The governance structure and operational arrangements of the DCAF TFNA aim to ensure that:
- DCAF is able to respond promptly to assistance requests from executive, legislative and judicial authorities, as well as from civil society organizations, in democratic transition countries in North Africa;
- Each project funded by the DCAF TFNA is part of an approved priority program of democratic security sector governance development, based on and formulated in consultation with concerned line ministries and beneficiary communities, legislative and judicial authorities tasked with overseeing institutional development activities in their respective countries, as well as donors and other stakeholders;
- Funding and implementation are undertaken with special attention to transparency and accountability as well as to prompt delivery and efficient utilization of donor funds.
The DCAF TFNA is designed to respond to the following imperatives:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- The need of engaging in long-term commitments with authorities and other partner organizations involved in security sector reform;
- The importance of responding quickly to urgent assistance requests from governments during the transition period;
- Local and international recognition of DCAF’s neutral, independent and impartial role in offering international expertise and assistance related to the security sector governance and reform and the broad public acceptance of DCAF across the Arab region;
- Donor interest in a DCAF pooled funding mechanism, a multi-annual multi-donor fund, as one of the funding channels for supporting security sector development and reform in the context of democratic transition and/or state building;
- The need of providing a comprehensive and accurate overview of assistance needs in the area of security sector reform and tracking progress in the advancement of internationally funded reform projects;
- The need of ensuring that all activities financed through the DCAF TFNA are ODA eligible;
- The necessity of streamlining financial reporting in order to offer donors full transparency on all funds received and activities funded through the DCAF TFNA;
- The desire of donors to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of international aid.
- The DCAF Trust Fund for North Africa (TFNA) may accept contributions from Governments, Intergovernmental Entities, Non-Governmental Organizations, Private Foundations, Private-Sector Organizations, and individuals upon signing of the Standard Contribution Arrangement with DCAF.
- Contributions to the DCAF TFNA may be accepted in fully convertible currency or in any other currency that can be readily utilized. Such contributions shall be deposited in the special bank accounts established by DCAF for the TFNA.
- The value of a contribution payment, if made in a currency other than Swiss francs, shall be determined by applying the DCAF operational rate of exchange in effect on the date of payment.
- Resources from the DCAF TFNA will be utilized for the purpose of meeting the direct and indirect costs of projects managed by DCAF in democratic transition countries in North Africa and implementing partner organizations. Details of such projects, including respective budgets and implementation partners (national entities, civil society organizations, intergovernmental organizations) will be set out in the relevant project documents that will be submitted to the Steering Committee of the DCAF TFNA.
For further information, visit https://www.dcaf.ch/call-proposals-ref-2020tfnaexteva-external-evaluation-dcaf-trust-fund-security-sector-development
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.