Deadline: 22 July 2016
The United States Embassy New Delhi is seeking applications from eligible organisations for a new program entitled “Gender-Based Violence Prevention and Awareness Caravan” with an aim to reduce the prevalence and severity of gender-based violence (GBV) in the North Indian states of Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Rajasthan, and Haryana.
- A mobile caravan that will travel to North Indian cities to raise awareness on GBV, gender sensitization trainings for the general public and local government members
- A conclave for trainees to share lessons learned and best practices.
- Any grant request under this call for proposals must fall between $250,000 and $275,000.
- One grant in FY 2016 Diplomatic and Consular Program (D&CP Public Diplomacy) Funds will be awarded under this NOFO.
- The initial period of performance will be for August 2016-August 2018.
- Educational and research institutions, U.S. not-for-profit/non-governmental organizations (NGOs) subject to section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. tax code
- Foreign not-for-profits/NGOs/social enterprises.
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
For more information, please visit grants.gov.