Deadline : 31 July 2019
Westerwelle Young Founders Programme – Autumn 2019 is currently inviting young entrepreneurs for developing their entrepreneurial skills and International network.
It Initially focus to connect young founders from all over the world with each other and with Berlin startup scene and to support them in developing their International network and entrepreneurial skills. Throughout the programme, the Young Founders will also have the chance to develop their businesses and discuss challenges with a personal mentor as well as with fellow Young Founders in a peer mentoring group. Moreover, Young Founders will receive further support through regular expert webinars that cater to their needs.
The Programme is a fully funded 6-month-long programme for outstanding young entrepreneurs from emerging and developing countries. The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Autumn 2019 will start with the Young Founders Conference from 22nd to 26th of October, 2019 in Berlin. During this time, the 25 participants have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors and political decision makers.
- The Westerwelle Young Founders Conference – a week-long conference in Berlin to get to know fellow Young Founders, the German startup scene, and strengthen their entrepreneurial skills by attending workshops and meetings (travel and accommodation will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation).
- A personal mentor who is an experienced entrepreneur and will function as a sparring partner with whom they can discuss upcoming challenges and new opportunities.
- Monthly peer mentoring calls with the other successful Young Founders of the cohort to share knowledge with and support each other.
- Expert sessions on relevant topics (e.g. OKRs, investor KPIs, marketing & sales).
- The Young Founders Network — a strong alumni network that functions as a platform for all Young Founders to connect with each other, exchange ideas and find support for existing challenges.
- Exposure to the Berlin startup scene and the public for them and their startup via our social media channels and our networks.
- Assistance beyond the programme as they remain a contact person for the Young Founders and will help them to find suitable experts for challenges, offer possibilities to share learnings with current cohorts or celebrate successes.
- Applicants have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model that has achieved Product-Market Fit and has ideally secured first external funding (if you run a business model that requires external investment).
- Their company is based in a developing or emerging country or has a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies.
- Applicants possess a good working knowledge of English.
- Applicants are available to attend the Young Founders Conference in Berlin and can make time to participate in monthly mentoring and peer mentoring calls for the 6-month programme.
Note: Foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents (including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany, and valid travel medical insurance.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information please visit http://westerwelle-foundation.com/en/projects/westerwelle-young-founders-programme/