The Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (hereinafter – LIAA), as the Norwegian Financial Mechanism’s 2014-2021 Programme “Business Development, Innovation, and SME’s operator is pleased to announce an open call for the small grant scheme “Development of green industry innovation and ICT products”.
The call objective is to increase competitiveness for Latvian enterprises within the focus areas of green industry innovation and ICT.
- The total amount of the funding available for the call is EUR 1 700 000, of which EUR 850 000 is available for green industry innovation projects, and EUR 850 000 is available for ICT projects.
- Support for a single project is between EUR 10 000 and EUR 130 000.
What kinds of projects are supported?
- Within the call, the support provided to projects is in the areas of green industry innovation and ICT. The support is given to project promoters for:
- development of innovative green products or technologies;
- development of innovative ICT products or technologies.
- The project’s result is a developed prototype for a new product or technology and increased competitiveness. Additionally, cooperation with R&D institutions and bilateral partnerships with the Kingdom of Norway is promoted.
- Experimental development, including a prototype manufacturing of a new product or technology.
- Business travel including accommodation related to the development of a new product or technology.
- Purchase of materials and similar products necessary for the development of a new product or technology.
- Testing and certification of a new product or technology.
- Strengthening intellectual property rights of a new product or technology.
- The mandatory information and communication activities.
- Knowledge transfer with project partner that necessary for the project.
A legal person registered in the Commercial Register of the Republic of Latvia who conforms to small or medium-sized enterprise status may apply for the grant. A project promoter may also submit a project application in cooperation with a project partner, which is any public or private entity, a commercial or non-commercial and non-governmental organisation registered as a legal person in the Kingdom of Norway or the Republic of Latvia. An enterprise may submit several project applications within the call.
For more information, visit https://eeagrants.lv/en/2021/06/07/an-open-call-for-the-small-grant-scheme-development-of-green-innovations-and-information-and-communication-technology-products/