Deadline: 16 May 2017
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), an agency of Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking applications from organisations for a program entitled “Food Protection Task Force (FPTF) and Integrated Food Safety System (IFSS) Project Grant” to support Research Demonstration and Dissemination Projects that develop, test and evaluate food safety and food defense health service activities and to foster the application of existing knowledge for the control of categorical and food related diseases and illnesses.
- Provide a forum for all the stakeholders of the food protection system—regulatory agencies, academia, industry, consumers, State legislators, Boards of Health and Agriculture, and other interested parties to improve food safety and defense.
- Communicate and disseminate key agency (FDA) objectives and mandates (e.g. Food Safety Modernization Act [FSMA], etc.) to relevant stakeholders.
- Collect, compile, and communicate stakeholder interests, concerns, and communication to the agency regarding information and activities covered under this funding opportunity.
- Assist in adopting or implementing the Food Code and other food protection regulations (e.g. FSMA, etc.).
- Promote the concept of an Integrated Food Safety System (IFSS) by communicating and supporting agency and related federal, state, local, tribal and territorial objectives that maximize the protection of the public health through prevention, intervention and response including the early detection and containment of foodborne illness.
- Conduct and present findings to stakeholders regarding research, investigations, demonstrations (etc.), relating to the causes or prevention of food related illnesses and injuries in the context of food safety and defense
Funding Information: FDA intends to commit up to $200,000 to this grant program in FY2016 and FY 2017.
- State Governments
- County Governments
- City or Township Governments
- Special District Governments
- Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Federally Recognized)
- U.S. Territory or Possession
- Foreign Institutions
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply.
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply.
- Foreign components are not allowed.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their application packages electronically via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Food Protection Task Force.