Deadline: 25 May 2019
The National Institutes of Health (NIH), an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking applications from eligible organisations for a program entitled “Initiative to Maximize Research Education in Genomics: Diversity Action Plan” with an aim is to support educational activities that enhance the diversity of the biomedical, behavioral and clinical research workforce in genomics.
It seeks to expose underrepresented students at the undergraduate, post baccalaureate and graduate levels to the foundational sciences relevant to genomics to enable them to pursue careers that span all areas of interest to NHGRI–genome sciences, genomic medicine and genomics and society.
- Research Experiences: for undergraduate students: to provide hands-on exposure to genomics research and relevant courses, to reinforce their intent to graduate with a science degree, and/or to prepare them for graduate school admissions and to expose them to the relevant foundational scientific disciplines in: genomic sciences (computational biology, quantitative sciences, bioinformatics), genomic medicine (biostatistics, epidemiology, bioinformatics), and genomics and society (e.g. bioethics, social and behavioral sciences, law, the humanities) not available through formal NIH training mechanisms.
- Courses for Skills Development: Courses are limited to those that are an integral part of the academic preparedness for a formal academic program such as GRE courses and foundational courses in the relevant scientific areas listed above to prepare participants for graduate school.
- Application budgets for genome sciences and genomic medicine activities are limited to $300,00 per year direct cost.
- Application budgets for genomic and society activities are limited to $100,000 per year direct cost.
- The project duration must not exceed 5 years.
- Higher Education Institutions
- Public/State Controlled Institutions of Higher Education
- Private Institutions of Higher Education
- Nonprofits Other Than Institutions of Higher Education
- Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
- Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
- State Governments
- Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Federally Recognized)
- Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized)
- U.S. Territory or Possession
- Native American Tribal Organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Foreign Institutions
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply.
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply.
- Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit grants.gov.