Deadline: 11 April 2019
The National Institutes of Health (NIH), an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking applications from eligible organisations for a program entitled “Intervening with Cancer Caregivers to Improve Patient Health Outcomes and Optimize Health Care Utilization” with an aim to support caregivers of adult cancer patients.
Interventions are intended to provide caregivers with care training, promote coping skills, and ultimately help them manage care.
- Healthcare utilization outcomes (e.g., patient readmission to the hospital, number of emergency room visits, caregiver use of health care services, and caregiver use of cancer support services);
- Caregiver well-being outcomes (lower burden, higher capacity, and better quality of life), and
- Patient health outcomes (e.g., physical health, symptom burden, health-related quality of life and functioning).
- The combined budget for direct costs for the two year project period may not exceed $275,000.
- No more than $200,000 may be requested in any single year.
- Optimize patient health care utilization
- Improve caregiver well-being
- Improve patient physical health and psychosocial outcomes.
- Higher Education Institutions
- Public/State Controlled Institutions of Higher Education
- Private Institutions of Higher Education
- Nonprofits Other Than Institutions of Higher Education
- Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
- Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
- For-Profit Organizations
- Small Businesses
- For-Profit Organizations (Other than Small Businesses)
- State Governments
- County Governments
- U.S. Territory or Possession
- Foreign Institutions
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply.
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply.
- Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit grants.gov.