Deadline: 3 October 2016
The National Institutes of Health (NIH), an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking applications from eligible organisations for a program entitled ” Partnerships for Structure-Based Design of Novel Immunogens for Vaccine Development ” with an aim to solicit applications from multi-disciplinary teams for milestone-driven research projects that utilize novel, structure-based vaccine design approaches to generate candidate vaccine immunogens against infectious disease pathogens of clinical concern.
The goal is the generation of candidate vaccines with demonstrated efficacy in appropriate models that are suitable for transition to the product development pathway.
- Creation of epitope scaffold immunogens with flexible backbones;
- Novel computational methods for protein design;
- Novel technologies to package and/or display structurally-defined epitopes in high copy number, such as novel virus-like particles (VLPs) or self-assembling nano-particles/nano-cages;
- Use of structural information to modify the sequence of an antigen to make it a more effective immunogen.
Funding Information: It intends to commit $6.3 million in FY 2017 to fund 5-10 awards.
- Higher Education Institutions
- Public/State Controlled Institutions of Higher Education
- Private Institutions of Higher Education
- Nonprofits Other Than Institutions of Higher Education
- Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
- Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
- For-Profit Organizations
- Small Businesses
- For-Profit Organizations (Other than Small Businesses)
- State Governments
- County Governments
- City or Township Governments
- Special District Governments
- Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Federally Recognized)
- Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized)
- Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government
- U.S. Territory or Possession
- Foreign Institutions
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are eligible to apply.
- Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their application forms electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit this link.