Deadline: 30 June 2017
The Australian Embassy Federated States of Micronesia; Republic of the Marshall Islands; Republic of Palau is seeking applications for its Direct Aid Program (DAP), small grants scheme for development activities for up to USD $20,000. The emphasis of the program is on alleviating poverty and basic humanitarian hardships.
The Direct Aid Program (DAP) is a small grants program funded by the Australian Government through overseas posts of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Development Sectors and Strategic Policy Priorities
- Especially projects improving basic skills of reading, writing and maths
- Female and child safety
- Economic progress
- Poverty reduction
- Employment and work skills
- Commencing small businesses where applicants and their communities will make a contribution in labour, materials, transport or cash;
Target Groups and Locations
- Groups: Preference will be given to projects addressing the needs of women, children or disabled persons, people in poverty, especially where they are affected by humanitarian hardship or inequality
- Locations: The Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, and Palau including outer-island and remote areas where risk management considerations can be satisfied
Public Diplomacy Outcomes and Collaborations
Public diplomacy outcomes sought are:
- Local and Australian communities know that DAP is available in the area
- The results of DAP activities are known
- DAP projects attract co-funding from local organizations
- Communities know DAP projects are supported by Australia
Individuals, government agencies and non-government organizations
- Be strongly focused on local or national development
- Be sustainable
- Have the same aims as Australia’s aid activities
- Have real and practical development outcomes for the community
- Have clearly described goals, intended results and overall outcomes.
- Require a DAP contribution of less than USD 20,000
Projects will be approved or rejected on the basis of whether:
- the development benefits of the proposal worth the cost
- the goals and outcomes can be achieved sustainably
- the project can actually be implemented as described
- the project is in line with DAP objectives
Note: Projects that will assist additional development of the community, or are which are an example for similar developments elsewhere, would be welcomed.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: The Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, and Palau
For more information, please visit Direct Aid Program (DAP).