Deadline: 31 October 2019
The diversity fund support to CSOs/CBOs/NGOs and/or their coalitions is an initiative of Parterships for a Tolerant and Inclusive Bangladesh (PTIB) to foster innovative actions to promote tolerance and inclusivity under CSOs/NGOs/CBOs at grassroots/district/national level with limited magament capacity.
The purpose of this EOI is to solicit applications and establish partnerships with CSOs/CBOs/NGOs cioalitions to enhance capacity and engagement of CSOs/CBOs/NGOs and/or their coalitions in promoting tolerance and inclusivity in Bangladesh.
- To improve knowledge and insight on the drivers of violence in Bangladesh;
- To enhance inclusivity and tolerance, online and offline, through citizen engagement with a focus on youth, women, and vulnerable groups;
- To sensitize government agencies to emerging national and global good practices in promoting social inclusion and tolerance.
The EOI will predominantly focus on the follow thematic areas:
- Promotion of tolerance and cultural diveristy in the society;
- Peaceful coexistence of diverse ethnic and religious communities;
- Develop a minority and gender sensible society.
The EOI is expected that as immediate outputs, the CSO/NGOs/CBOs and/ or their Coalitions working at grassroots/national level will:
- Have greater opportunity to enhance capacity of the CSOs/NGOs/CBOs and coalitions;
- Have an opportunity to work together on some common and innovative actions under specific thematic areas;
- Have opportunity to be engaged in promotion of tolerance and inclusivity actions;
- Establish a stronger coordination among organizations in response to incitement of violence.
The size of small grants will be as follows:
- Lot 1: Below BDT 840,000;
- Lot 2: Between BDT 840,000 – BDT 1680,000.
- Grant Selection and Steering Committee (GSSC) will review and recommend grants applicants to the UNDP RR/DRR for final approval;
- CSOs/CBOs/NGOs (not excluding on registration status) can apply individually or in coalition and one CSO/CBO/NGO/coalition can only apply in one LOT;
- The diversity fund will give special reference to CSO/NGO/CBOs coalitions under the LOT-2.
- The EOI is open to Bangladeshi CSOs/CBOs/NGOs and/or their coalitions, working at grassroots/national level to work together on promotion of tolerance;
- CSOs, NGOs CBOs and coalitions must meet the following eligibility requirements to apply:
- Hold a valid legal/formal registration/license/document;
- Have working experience on specific thematic issue/s, particularly experience working with minorities, youth, and women;
- Have valid evidence of transparent and accountable financial management systems;
- For coalition, have valid evidence of formation of the CSOs/NGOs/CBOs coalition (i.e. signed MoU among CSOs/NGOs/CBOs under the coalition);
- Have a proven track record in promoting tolerance and inclusivity;
- Diversity Fund Support will not be restricted to certain geographic areas, though areas with history of inter-communal and inter-religous violence will be given priority.
Eligible Country: Bangladesh
How to Apply
- Applications must be submited in English or Bangla;
- Interested applicants can submit applications at address given on website.
For more information, please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=60000