Deadline: 27 January 2020
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) is accepting applications for its Rural Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking Program to enhance the safety of rural victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking and support projects uniquely designed to address and prevent these crimes in rural areas.
This program encourages collaboration among criminal justice agencies, victim services providers, social services agencies, health professionals, and other community organizations to overcome the problems of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking in rural communities.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- To identify, assess, and appropriately respond to child, youth, and adult victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking in rural communities, by encouraging collaboration among domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking victim service providers; law enforcement agencies; prosecutors; courts; other criminal justice service providers; human and community service providers; educational institutions; and health care providers, including sexual assault forensic examiners;
- To establish and expand nonprofit, nongovernmental, State, tribal, territorial, and local government victim services in rural communities to child, youth, and adult victims; and
- To increase the safety and well-being of women and children in rural communities, by:
- dealing directly and immediately with domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking occurring in rural communities; and
- creating and implementing strategies to increase awareness and prevent domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking.
OVW Priority Areas
In FY 2020, OVW is interested in supporting the priority areas identified below. Applications proposing activities in the following areas will be given special consideration.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Reduce violent crime against women and promote victim safety through investing in law enforcement, increasing prosecution, and promoting effective prevention.
- Empower victims to become survivors by growing them past their vulnerabilities to a place of self-sufficiency.
- Increase efforts to combat stalking.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $35,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $750,000
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Eligible applicants are limited to:
- States and territories, Indian tribes, local governments, and nonprofit (public or private) entities, including tribal nonprofit organizations in the United States or U.S. territories.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=322730
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.