Deadline: 31 May 2016
Water Technology Initiative is a demand oriented user centric initiative which includes development research in laboratories as well as application research in field. The scope of initiative covers the entire value chain of R&D right from water oriented fundamental and applied research, pre competitive technology development, technology based classification & assessment of technology options, pilot demonstration of technology leads from laboratories and academic institutions to evolve a basket of technology options and mounting of technically, socially, environmentally and eventually affordable convergent solutions suited to socio-economic context.
The objective of the call is to mobilise development and applications research proposals having strong solution science orientation.
The present call would support thematic R & D and Technology Development projects on following topics:
- Research on novel concepts to make water available from sustainable sources in water scarce areas such as pulling water from air, extracting moisture from plants.
- Innovative treatment options for water contamination due to pesticide, other use-derived residues and emerging contaminants such as personal pharmaceutical care products (PPCP).
- Novel rapid contaminant detection sensors field kits for testing portability of water for conformity to specifications, (e.g. online detection kits for bacterial contamination).
- Decentralized Waste Water Treatment technologies for domestic/ community applications.
- Innovative Waste water treatment options with specific focus to industrial, agricultural and residential use, (e.g. Zero Liquid Discharge Technologies to treat waste water, recycling of sewage or waste water for toilets).
- Broad spectrum new generation treatment technologies to overcome limitation of existing systems such as ion selective membranes, capacitative deionisation etc. for efficient and effective removal of biological, chemical and physical impurities in drinking water.
- Fluoride, Arsenic Nitrate detection and mitigation options from drinking water.
- Technologies for harvesting rain water and storm water including rejuvenation of traditional structure and design of innovative water augmentation structures.
- Scientific challenges involved in river cleaning with possible application in Clean Ganga Mission.
- Faculties/ Scientists working in regular position in recognized Academic Organisation/ Public funded R&D Institution/ Laboratories, Participation of Industry/Start Ups is preferred.
- NGOs can participate as collaborator to lead organization.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their proposals in a prescribed format via email.
For more information, please visit DST-WTI 2016.