The Eastern Star Foundation is seeking applications for its Grant Program to support program/initiatives that support the ageing communities in Queensland (i.e. people aged over 65), in particular, those who suffer from mobility issues, sickness or disease to improve and enhance their quality of life.
The program / initiative must help older people to:
- remain independent;
- practice choice;
- participate in their community;
- have a support network;
- experience healthy ageing.
The Foundation targets and funds program / initiatives which:
- there is limited access to other funding; or
- has a funding gap that needs to be filled for the program / initiative to proceed; or
- for an essential service to continue
The Foundation supports organisations with a one-off grant of up to $100,000 to invest in a program or initiative in line with its values, vision and mission.
Applicants must be an organisation operating in Queensland for the benefit of Queensland and Queenslanders. Additionally, the organisation must be:
- a registered charity with Charity Tax Concession status; and
- be a Deductible Gift Recipient – Item 1 (DGR 1).
All projects must:
- be based in Queensland and be for the benefit of Queensland and Queenslanders. There may also be a broader benefit to Australians arising from the program or initiative.
- be an evidence-based program / initiative that help older people to remain independent, practice choice, participate in their community, have a support network and experience healthy ageing.
The Foundation will not fund:
- projects outside of Queensland;
- applications submitted on an organisation’s behalf by an auspice organisation;
- retrospective or deficit funding;
- general fundraising appeals;
- recurrent administration costs;
- promotion of religion;
- political organisations;
- direct grants to individuals, including travel expenses, personal study or attendance at conferences;
- charities who directly support animals unless the animals provide assistance for older people with a disability within the aged community (e.g. registered assistance dogs);
- the same project previously funded within the last three years*
- a previously declined project
For more information, visit Eastern Star Foundation.
For more information, visit https://communityfoundation.org.au/support/esf-2022