Deadline: 13 February 2020
The Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs (EB) is pleased to announce the third Call for Proposals for POWER – Providing Opportunities for Women’s Economic Rise – an EB-led program that supports the goals of the U.S. government’s Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) initiative.
The EB invites posts to submit program proposals that will advance women’s economic empowerment. Competitive proposals should articulate how the initiative will engage the U.S. private sector and entrepreneurs to strengthen professional networks, improve business environments, and foster trade and investments to support women’s economic participation.
Through POWER, EB works with the private sector and overseas missions to establish professional networks and promote global business environments that support women’s economic empowerment. Women entrepreneurs are an emerging market force and an important source of innovation, job creation, and economic growth.
Proposals are encouraged to explore ways to leverage resources through cooperative efforts and partnerships with local private sector entities (e.g., local American Chambers of Commerce member companies) and other U.S. agencies in your region. Proposals that describe a sound approach to measuring outcomes and metrics will have a stronger chance of approval.
EB can provide funding to support post-led POWER projects that advance women’s economic empowerment. Such projects could include hosting business exchange seminars, conferences, and speaker events, among other possible applications. They also encourage posts to submit proposals for projects that do not require EB funding but are relevant to the goals of the POWER initiative. Such projects can utilize POWER’s engagement with the private sector for additional collaboration. Projects should develop innovative approaches to advance one or more of the following objectives:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Establish networks to facilitate increased business activities, trade, commercial promotion, and investment, particularly for American businesses and American women-led businesses.
- Facilitate access to resources and training on procurement processes.
- Advocate for business and regulatory environments that support women’s entrepreneurship, economic participation and women’s advancement to leadership roles.
- Promote access to business development resources, including access to credit, and knowledge sharing that facilitates business activities.
- Proposals should range in cost from $1,000 to $15,000. EB funds can be used towards expenses for services provided to the Department, such as rental costs and printing services, or to cover travel costs for expert non-USG speakers.
- They will also consider funding requests for other travel expenses where the traveler is providing a direct service to the U.S. government.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2tdR2YI
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.