Deadline: 16 September 2019
The European Coalition of Cities Against Racism (ECCAR) has announced the second edition of the 2019 call for proposals.
The call’s main objective is to support actions aimed at countering violent extremisms and fostering inclusion, diversity and tolerance. They would like to financially support and promote initiatives that challenge violent extremisms, prevent the emergence and the growth of forms of rising violent extremisms and raise awareness on this increasingly topical issue.
- To sensitize south eastern European cities about the importance of preventing violent extremism and about the ECCAR
- To support civil society organisations that challenge violent extremisms daily in the field of education
- To promote actions to challenge the breeding grounds for far right violent extremism, through supporting civil society action in partnership with the municipalities, with a special focus on Eastern Europe;
- To empower young people and increase their participation in society promoting positive role models;
- To promote intercultural dialogue and exchange through educational and cultural activities;
- To identify, support and disseminate good practices of education and trainings, in contrast to hate speech and to any form of violent extremism, at the city-level;
- To strengthen participation of local communities and organisations into promoting diversity, fighting discriminations and tackling violent extremism;
- To activate or support networks and open or strengthen a constructive dialogue among local stakeholders to promote culture and education as a driver for social inclusion.
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of the project is estimated at € 15.000 maximum and at 80% of the total cost of the project.
- Minimum: 8 months
- Maximum: 12 months
A non-exhaustive list of the main activities eligible under this call for proposals is listed below:
- implementation of educational activities aimed at promoting the participation of youths, migrants, refugees, asylum seekers and “new citizens”
- raising awareness activities
- networking amongst local stakeholders
- best practice exchanges
- seminars, debates, conferences, or other cultural activities
- organization of non-competitive contests.
- In order to be eligible, projects must be presented by applicants meeting the following criteria:
- be a civil society organisation or non-profit private organisation with legal personality who are active in the cultural, educational or social field and organise activities according to their statute and mission, such as local, national or international NGOs and their networks (natural persons are not eligible);
- have their registered legal office in a European city
- In order to assess the applicants’ eligibility, the following supporting documents are requested:
- Statute of the association and registration documents
- All application documents signed by the Legal Representative.
How to Apply
Applications must be sent via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.eccar.info/en/project/eccar-call-proposals-2019