Deadline: 16 September 2019
The European Coalition of Cities Against Racism (ECCAR) has announced the second edition of the 2019 call for proposals.
The call’s main objective is to support actions aimed at countering violent extremisms and fostering inclusion, diversity and tolerance. They would like to financially support and promote initiatives that challenge violent extremisms, prevent the emergence and the growth of forms of rising violent extremisms and raise awareness on this increasingly topical issue.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- To sensitize south eastern European cities about the importance of preventing violent extremism and about the ECCAR
- To support civil society organisations that challenge violent extremisms daily in the field of education
- To promote actions to challenge the breeding grounds for far right violent extremism, through supporting civil society action in partnership with the municipalities, with a special focus on Eastern Europe;
- To empower young people and increase their participation in society promoting positive role models;
- To promote intercultural dialogue and exchange through educational and cultural activities;
- To identify, support and disseminate good practices of education and trainings, in contrast to hate speech and to any form of violent extremism, at the city-level;
- To strengthen participation of local communities and organisations into promoting diversity, fighting discriminations and tackling violent extremism;
- To activate or support networks and open or strengthen a constructive dialogue among local stakeholders to promote culture and education as a driver for social inclusion.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of the project is estimated at € 15.000 maximum and at 80% of the total cost of the project.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Minimum: 8 months
- Maximum: 12 months
A non-exhaustive list of the main activities eligible under this call for proposals is listed below:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- implementation of educational activities aimed at promoting the participation of youths, migrants, refugees, asylum seekers and “new citizens”
- raising awareness activities
- networking amongst local stakeholders
- best practice exchanges
- seminars, debates, conferences, or other cultural activities
- organization of non-competitive contests.
- In order to be eligible, projects must be presented by applicants meeting the following criteria:
- be a civil society organisation or non-profit private organisation with legal personality who are active in the cultural, educational or social field and organise activities according to their statute and mission, such as local, national or international NGOs and their networks (natural persons are not eligible);
- have their registered legal office in a European city
- In order to assess the applicants’ eligibility, the following supporting documents are requested:
- Statute of the association and registration documents
- All application documents signed by the Legal Representative.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Applications must be sent via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.eccar.info/en/project/eccar-call-proposals-2019