This grant provides support for Ecologists in Africa to carry out innovative ecological research. They recognise that ecologists in Africa face unique challenges in carrying out research; the grant is designed to support you to develop your skills, experience and knowledge base as well as making connections with ecologists internationally. They support excellent ecological science in Africa by funding services and equipment.
- The maximum value of a grant is £8,000 for research. An additional sum up to £2,000 may be requested to fund travel to help you develop connections with other ecologists outside your usual peer group.
- The proposed work must be completed within 18 months.
- be a scientist and a citizen of a country in Africa or its associated islands, that is a ‘low-income economy’ or ‘lower-middle-income economy’ according to the World Bank categorisation**
- have at least an MSc or equivalent degree
- be working for a university or research institution in Africa (including field centres, NGOs, museums etc.) that provides basic research facilities
- carry out the research in a country in Africa or its associated islands
For more information, visit https://www.britishecologicalsociety.org/funding/ecologists-in-africa/