The U.S. Embassy in Cairo and the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State are pleased to announce the 2022 call for proposals for the U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) Grants Program.
AFCP has helped preserve archeological sites, historic buildings and monuments, museum collections, and forms of traditional cultural expression in Egypt.
- Funding awards will rank e from $ 10,000 to $ 500,000 per project.
- The US Department of State anticipates funding 20 to 30 projects worldwide from eligible countries.
- The AFCP defines eligible applicants as reputable and accountable entities that are able to demonstrate that they have the requisite capacity and permission to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage in the specified country.
- The following entities are eligible to apply:
- Foreign Institution of Higher Education
- Foreign Organization
- Foreign Public Entity
- U.S. Non-Profit Organization (501(c)(3)
- U.S. Institution of Higher Education
Applicants must ensure:
The application clearly addresses the goals and objectives of this funding opportunity
All documents are in English, and
All budgets are in U.S. dollars
For more information, visit https://eg.usembassy.gov/education-culture/afcp/