Deadline: 20 May 2019
Ekhagastiftelsen Foundation is accepting applications for its Grant program to promote human health by supporting the development of better food, natural medicines and healing practices, and to support research for a healthier way of life, which in itself may have a disease preventive effect.
A central idea is to focus more on preventive active care than reactive care to combat symptoms. The same applies to the agricultural and food areas where the focus should be to find methods that can prevent various problems instead of focusing on their manifestations. The focus should not be on tackling problems, but rather finding ways to prevent their occurrence.
Prioritized Research Areas
- Better and healthier food: For Gosta Videgard an important goal was the improvement in quality of agricultural products through agriculture without toxins and artificial substances. The foundation therefore supports research and development based on the principles of organic and biodynamic food production or other methods and orientations that promote this goal. Research should be in line with IFOAMs (International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements) principles of organic production.
- Examples of research that can be supported is how such crops that currently require pesticides can be grown organically in a qualitative and efficient way to produce better and healthier food.
- Nutrition and way of life: Gosta Videgard was very interested in significance of the diet for humans. The Foundation therefore supports research into the role of the diet in the treatment of diseases and strengthening the body’s resistance.
- Examples of funding can be research into which type diet and food the body needs, the impact of different food choices on bodily functions and related nutritional issues.
- Complementary medicine and natural medicines: Gösta Videgårds had a keen interest in complementary medicine and its goal of curing diseases by using the body’s own innate healing abilities and utilize natural healing powers. He appreciated and also practiced the basic idea of avoiding artificial chemicals as far as possible.
- Ekhagastiftelsen does not have any restrictions regarding from which country an application can come.
- For applications that do not come from Europe or North America (USA and Canada) they require that applicant have a cooperation with a swedish institution. The partner must be involved in the research project. Please be sure to describe the details of the cooperation.
- Ekhagastiftelsen do not have any formal requirements that applications can only come from institutions (universities, colleges, research institutions, etc.).
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their applications via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://www.ekhagastiftelsen.se/eng/stiftelsen.shtml