Deadline: 30 June 2017
Embassy of Belgium in Cameroon is seeking applications for its Belgian Grants in the Field of Peace Building.
Objectives and Scopes
Taking into account the definition of the concept of peace building, the following objectives and scopes can be formulated within which the projects have to be situated, relating to ongoing conflicts and pre- or post-conflict situations.
- Mediation in impending and ongoing conflicts – processes of peace dialogue and (inter)national reconciliation – crisis management
- Compensation for damage caused by a conflict
- Disarmament – demobilisation – (re)integration of ex-combatants (DDR)
- Building/reinforcement of public institutions, contribution towards good governance
- Building/reinforcement of the rule of law and of the judiciary apparatus
- Building/reinforcement of a legitimate and efficient security apparatus
- Capacity building and reinforcement of civil society
- Building of a democratic society, support to participative processes
- Respect and awareness-raising with regard to human rights
- Promotion of the rights of the child, with the emphasis on the problem of child soldiers
- Mine-clearance and non-proliferation
- Efficient and fair management of natural resources
- The maximum duration of a project is 36 months.
- The yearly amount available for this budget line is approximately 5 MIO €.
A project proposal may only be introduced by:
- International or regional organisations, whether or not partner institutions of multilateral cooperation;
- Belgian, foreign and international NGO’s and associations, nonprofit making and with a legal status;
- Universities, higher education and other research institutions.
Private persons or commercial companies are not entitled to submit any proposals in their own name, although they can be put in charge of the execution of a project. In that case, the applicant will be responsible to provide the necessary and adequate information.
How to Apply
Each project proposal will be submitted by e-mail and in two printed copies at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Belgian Grants.