Deadline: 31 May 2019
The Embassy of Finland in Addis Ababa is seeking proposals for its Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) 2019-2020 to support local civil society organizations. The FLC complements bilateral development cooperation projects of Finland in Ethiopia.
The FLC is expected to contribute towards the four goals of Finland’s development policy:
- The rights and status of women and girls have strengthened.
- Developing countries’ own economies have generated jobs, livelihood opportunities and well-being.
- Societies have become more democratic and better-functioning.
- Food security and access to water and energy have improved, and natural resources are used sustainably.
FLC projects should be implemented with a human rights-based approach. The rights of women and girls, children, people with disabilities, and other vulnerable groups of the community should be taken into account in all activities. Moreover, to the extent possible activities should be geared towards climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- Empowerment of women, girls and persons with disabilities (PWDs)
- Conflict resolution at the community level and peace and security at the continental level;
- Civic and voters’ education.
Approximately 10 projects will be financed in 2019-2020 with a total budget available for them of approximately 400,000 Euros.
Projects are funded for the duration of one to two years. Projects funded earlier from the FLC may be considered for additional years of financing but funding for the same project is limited to maximum of five years.
Local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) which have been registered with either the former Charities and Societies Agency or the new Agency for Civil Society Organizations (ACSO) are eligible to apply. CSOs that are willing to present proposals in thematic areas such as civic and voters’ education based on the Civil Society Proclamation No. 1113/2019 are encouraged to do so. However, they need to amend their by-laws accordingly and re-register with ACSO before signing of the project agreement in the second half of 2019.
Project selection will be based on the following selection criteria:
- Alignment with Finland’s development policy and the above FLC 2019-2020 thematic areas.
- Project outputs are clearly defined, with indicators, baseline data and risk management.
- Project activities are relevant, realistic and contribute to the desired outputs.
- Project budget is in line with the activities.
- Experience and management capabilities of the applicant.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted either via post or email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://www.finland.org.et/public/default.aspx?contentid=382877&contentlan=2&culture=en-US