Deadline: 20 May 2020
FLC plays a complimentary role to the Finnish development co-operation programme in Kenya, with the aim of reducing poverty and inequality. The fund supports the initiatives of Non-Governmental organization (NGOs) and other non-state actors in Kenya. The support is intended for project based support only.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Realization of Women’s and Girls’ Rights: Enhancing equity in decision-making in particular at county and ward level, Gender Based Violence prevention, women’s participation in peace and security or localization of the National Action Plan on Women Peace and Security, promoting work on male engagement for gender equality.
- Promotion of Youth Employment: Improving the employability of youth, especially those graduated at TVET level.
- Human Rights Promotion, Citizen Participation and Oversight for Accountable Governance: Strengthening of human rights promotion and citizen engagement for the benefit of marginalised and vulnerable groups (women, youth, persons with disabilities PWD, people facing intersectoral discrimination) to increase citizen voice in decisions about how public resources are allocated and implemented and how public policy is planned and executed.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Selected projects will receive a grant between Euros 30 000 – 200 000. The maximum funding available for this Call is 550 000 Euros.
- The implementation period is one or two years. The proposed project should focus to address one or more of the above-mentioned areas and respond to identified needs in the Kenyan context for reduction of poverty and inequalities.
FLC funding cannot be granted:
- To government ministries or counties
- To Unregistered association or organization
- To Support the activities of a political party
- For basic research
- For single cultural events
- For charity
- For humanitarian aid
- For scholarship or assistance for applicant’s personal use
- For purchasing land
- To a fund
- For building the capital of microcredit system
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The applicant need to be a non-governmental organization, civil society organization or foundation, or non-profit private entities registered in Kenya.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Alignment with Finland’s development policy and the above mentioned priority areas
- Clearly defined project outputs and targeted outcomes supported by adequate indicators, baseline data and risk assessment
- Realistically planned project activities that contribute to the desired outputs
- Project budget that is in line with the activities
- Previous documented experience and management capabilities of the applicant in the same sector/theme
The applicants must have sound financial record, as well as sufficient human resources for the implementation of the project.
For more information, visit https://finlandabroad.fi/web/ken/current-affairs/-/asset_publisher/TV8iYvdcF3tq/content/fund-for-local-cooperation-call-for-project-proposals-2020/384951
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.