Deadline: 1 February 2017
The Embassy of France in Australia is currently inviting applicants for its Scientific Mobility Program to offer a grant to help researchers traveling between France and Australia. The aim of this travel grant is to facilitate and enhance collaboration between the two countries.
The Scientific Mobility Program aims to create scientific or technological research collaborations and exclusively funds travels devoted to field research or work within a laboratory. This program does not consider applications for participation in conferences and seminars.
- The 2017 Scientific Mobility Program will only cover the expenses for a return economy trip between Australia and France (financial support for living expenses is not included).
- The duration of travel must not exceed 28 days from the date of departure as per the terms provided by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development.
- The tickets are exclusively organised and issued directly through the French agency “Campus France”.
- Travel must take place between mid-March and 31 December 2017. After the tickets have been issued a date change is not permitted.
- The travels grant allows travel only between international airports.
- Upon acceptance of the funding (if selected), the laureate agrees to provide the Embassy of France with a report on the outcome of her/his mobility no later than one month after her/his return.
- Applications are open to researchers of any nationality and level (however, priority will be given to early career researchers) who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be currently:
- undertaking a PhD, preferably as a “cotutelle”, in Australia or France, OR
- undertaking a postdoc in Australia or France, OR
- working as a researcher or research assistant in a university or research institution in Australia or France
- Applicants must be conducting a research project that involves both Australian and French scientific or technological partner, AND participating in the development and monitoring of bilateral research collaboration.
- Applicants must also be conducting high quality research, judged upon the originality of the research topic, the quality of the research team, the prospects for development and transfer of technologies.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Australia and France
For more information, please visit Scientific Mobility Program.