Deadline: 31 July 2019
The Embassy of Japan in Uganda is inviting proposals for its Grant Assistance for Grass-roots Human Security Projects (GGP) which provide financial assistance to non-profit, development-oriented organizations to support community development projects which directly benefit people at the grassroots level.
Any projects geared towards grassroots assistance are eligible for financing under GGP. Preferable, however, are projects in the areas below. Particular attention will also be given to projects designed to assist the most vulnerable groups such as women, children and the physically disabled.
- Primary/secondary education
- Vocational training
- Primary health care, reproductive health and HIV/AIDS
- Water and sanitation
- Reconstruction for disaster areas
- Agricultural development
The grant amount per project is generally under 10 million yen (Approximately US$100,000 depending on exchange rates). Budget items which cannot be financed include: consumables (except in case of emergency or humanitarian relief), running and maintenance costs of facilities and equipments, and administrative costs of the recipient organization.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Any non-profit organization, which has been registered with the National Board of NGOs or local governments, and has a minimum of two years experience in implementing development projects at a grassroots level, and which has full-time paid staff and track record in handling at least 50 % of the requested fund, is eligible to apply for GGP.
- Potential recipients are international or local NGOs, community based organizations, medical institutions, educational institutions and local authorities/governments. In particular cases such as IDP or refugee camps where assistance activities are limited, international organizations may also become recipients.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the concept paper via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Eligible Country: Uganda
For more information, please visit https://www.ug.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/ggp_en.html
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.