Deadline: 16 March 2020
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan is seeking applications for its “Grant Scheme for Local Projects”.
“Grant Scheme for Local Projects Program (GGP)” has been implemented by the Japanese Government in the underdeveloped and developing countries since 1989 under the “Japan Official Development Assistance (Japan ODA)”.
The aim of the program is to provide non-refundable financial assistance for development projects designed to meet basic human needs. Within the scope of the program, local projects were carried out in 140 countries and regions.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Turkey’s agreement regarding the implementation of the State Program between Japan and Turkey was signed on September 11, 2000. The program is being implemented in Turkey since that date. Financial support of the Grant Scheme for Local Projects is provided after the projects are reviewed and evaluated according to the following criteria.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The maximum amount of grants available per project is 10 million Japanese Yen. (10 million Japanese Yen is approximately 90,000 USD.) Value Added Tax (VAT) within the scope of the project expenditures is not covered by the Embassy.
- The VAT amount must be paid by the applicant or the project partners to be determined by the applicant. For this reason, project budgets should be prepared as maximum 90.000 USD (excluding VAT).
The project applications will be accepted from all regions of Turkey, the project can be applied anywhere in the country. However, priority will be given to Eastern and Southeastern Anatolia regions.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Sector to Benefit from the Project
Projects should target the disadvantaged sections of the society and have an impact at the local level. It should also be taken into account that applicants should not be the only sector to benefit from the project.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Project Topics Accepted
Projects should be geared towards meeting basic human needs in issues targeting disadvantaged groups in the community. The accepted project topics are as follows.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Capacity Building and Training: Vocational training, capacity building programs for private communities
- Primary Health: Development of preventive health services, renewal of health centers equipment and provision of new equipment
- Disabled: Private schools or centers for the disabled, production workshops
- Women in Development: Skill development, vocational training and rehabilitation centers targeting women development in the region
- Public Benefit / Other Disadvantaged Areas: Private care centers for elderly, nursing homes, education and rehabilitation centers for children and youth, facilities for street children or orphans.
Unaccepted Project Topics
- Culture, art, sports, tourism
- Landscaping, garden work
- University education projects
- Construction of religious centers, repair and religious activities
- Legal advice
- Issues with no direct impact at the local level
- Projects covered by planning or implementation of another program in the short term
- Projects for profit
- Kindergarten, kindergarten projects
- Fresh water supply
- Non-governmental organizations and municipalities can apply.
- Primary schools: they cannot be applicants, but non-governmental organizations or local administrations who have the capacity to implement and maintain the project, who have project and budget management experience (who have the budget of the institution and manage this budget) can apply on behalf of primary schools. In this case, local administrations or non-governmental organizations can take part in the project as an applicant and primary school as a project partner.
- In case they cooperate with project partners or partners who have the capacity to implement and maintain the project, who have project and budget management experience (who have the budget of the institution and manage this budget), they may also apply as applicants.
- Applicants must have project experience and their own budgets. Other institutions with a project experience and a budget belonging to the institution can apply on behalf of institutions / organizations that do not have these features (without project experience and a budget belonging to the institution).
- Applicants should apply at the local level development projects in Turkey and has the capacity to continue, it must have carry-profit organizations.
- Within the scope of the project, the responsibility of the building, material etc. acquired with the aid of the grant belongs to the project owner organization and it is obligatory to use it only by the project owner organization; they cannot be transferred to a third party or institution or used.
Who Cannot Apply
- Applications from government institutions, companies, universities, special provincial administrations, high schools, kindergartens / kindergartens (within the primary school or independent) are not accepted. However, these institutions / organizations can support the project as project partners.
- Institutions / institutions without project experience and their own budgets cannot be applicants.
How to Apply
There is no limit on the number of project applications. Applicants can apply for more than one project on the same or different topics.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
Interested applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, visit https://www.tr.emb-japan.go.jp/itprtop_tr/00_000065.html
(Ad) How will you feel when you view grants for all countries around the world? fundsforNGOs Premium has a World Map of Grants that offers open and live grants for all the countries in one single view. Click on any country, and you can view the latest grants updated in real-time. Learn more.