Deadline: 14 June 2019
The Japanese Government offers small scale grants for development projects in order to meet the diverse needs of the vulnerable communities and people. “Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects (GGP)” supports projects proposed by various organizations such as non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and municipalities.
The Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Program (GGP) was established to assist NGOs and local public authorities to implement small-scale projects directly benefiting the people at grassroots level as well as contributing to the socio-economic development. In Lebanon, 272 GGP projects have been implemented by various organizations since 1996, that has so far amounted to more than 19 million U.S. dollars.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The grant amount per project does not exceed 10 million JPY (approximately 90,000 US dollars in 2019). Please note that the following budget items cannot be financed; taxes (VAT, custom fees), salaries, fuel, travel expenses, per diem charges, and other administrative and operating costs for the organization.
- N.B.: The exact amount of the funding in US dollars varies depending on the exchange rate from yen to US dollars in each fiscal year (starting April of every year). Also, demining projects have a different funding scheme, which goes beyond the maximum amount of the GGP grant. Please consult with the Embassy for this matter.
Priorities and Areas of Assistance
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The GGP aims to meet the basic human needs of socially and economically vulnerable people and to improve the livelihoods of deprived communities at the grass-roots levels. GGP can cover the cost of rehabilitation of facilities (school, health care center, water networks etc.) and provision of essential equipment. GGP projects may include training in use of donated equipment or capacity building for stakeholders, which are essential to achieve the goal of the GGP project.
- Priority Areas are:
- Applications are screened with the following criteria:
- Direct impact on people’s livelihood
- Basic Human Needs
N.B.: Particular attention is given to the assistance of refugees and vulnerable host communities.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The GGP targets the following organizations that implement development projects at grass-roots level.
- Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Local Authorities (Municipalities, Union of Municipalities)
- Private Schools and/or semi-public Schools
- Medical Institutions (Hospitals, Dispensaries)
- Each organization should have at least 2 years of experience in the field of the project scopes.
- In principle, central governmental agencies or international organizations are not eligible for the GGP. For the project with public schools, either NGO or local authority (municipality or union of municipalities) should apply for the grant on behalf of the public schools.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants can download the application form via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.lb.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/ggpweb.html
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.