Deadline: 2 February 2018
- Freedom of expression and association;
- Protection of children and women;
- De-radicalization and prevention of violent extremism;
- Promotion of rule of law, fight against torture and death penalty.
Amounts allocated normally range between 5’000 US$ and 20’000 US$.
Projects supported by the Embassy of Switzerland in the framework of the “small grants program” must fulfill the following conditions or criteria:
- The project has to be implemented either in Jordan or Iraq
- Priority is given to national non-governmental organizations (NGOs);
- The grant is allocated to a project and not to the functioning of the NGO itself;
- The small grant program is not designed to provide for the simple purchase and distribution of goods;
- NGOs that are already getting support from the Swiss government through other channels are not eligible under this program;
- Projects with a religious objective are not eligible under this program;
- Profit-oriented organizations are not eligible under this program;
How to Apply
- Applicants should submit their project proposals via email at the address given on the website.
- The proposal must be maximum 6 pages long, written in English and contain the following information:
- a context description of the issue the project wishes to address;
- the objective of the project, clearly defined and measurable;
- the beneficiaries of the project;
- the stakeholders of the project as well as the main actors;
- the chances and risks of the project;
- the schedule of the project, with clear deadlines;
- a detailed budget of the project;
- a contact person and the address of the NGO.
For more information, please visit Small Grants Program.