The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands invites Slovak non-governmental organizations, cultural institutions and media to submit their proposals for small projects concerning the following topics:
- Promotion of shared EU values and knowledge about the EU;
- Press freedom and support of investigative journalism;
- Countering extremism, disinformation and intolerance;
- Social inclusion of minorities;
- Sustainability and climate change (cultural projects only)
- Promotion of shared EU values and knowledge about the EU: Initiatives that promote European values (such as human rights or democracy), support of and knowledge about the European Union and its functioning
- Press freedom and support of investigative journalism: Initiatives that promote development of independent media, especially investigative journalism, in terms of capacity-building or knowledge exchange
- Countering extremism, disinformation and intolerance: Initiatives aimed at tolerance-building, openness and awareness of shared values and combating disinformation, esp. regarding the EU and NATO
- Social inclusion of minorities: Initiatives that promote inclusion and equal rights of minorities such as Roma, LGBTI or migrant communities; as well as gender equality
- Sustainability and climate change (cultural projects only): Initiatives that promote sustainable solutions and have positive effect on climate
- The financial support would range from 1 000 up to 5 000 EUR per project, depending on the scope of the initiatives and availability of financial means.
- The project addresses one of the topics. The topics have been identified in the Embassy’s Annual Plan 2023.
- A link with the Netherlands/presence of a clear Dutch aspect is welcome (e.g. Dutch speaker; cooperation with a Dutch institution or organization; clear reflection of Dutch foreign policy priorities; etc.). A link with the Netherlands is particularly preferred for cultural projects.
- The project is strategic and has a clear follow-up, i.e. it is not a one-off event.
- The project proposal includes online or other alternative format in order to minimize potential effects of the COVID-19 related pandemic restrictions.
- The grant should not be used for the coverage of institutional costs (such as in-house salaries, rent of premises, etc.) and catering.
For more information, visit Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.