Deadline: 15 September 2017
The Embassy of Switzerland in Macedonia has launched a Call for Proposals for Cultural Projects to support innovative cultural events and the strengthening of organisations from the independent cultural scene in Macedonia.
The Swiss Cooperation programme in Macedonia focuses on large, long-term projects in the areas of Democratic Governance, Employment and Economic Development, and Infrastructure and Environment. However, it recognizes the importance of culture to promote diversity, dialogue and debate in the Macedonian society.
- Not-for-profit organisation registered in Macedonia, active in the fields of culture/creative industries/cultural tourism.
- Adequate organisational structures, sound financial record, and references of projects completed or under implementation if applicable.
- Readiness of the applying organisation to provide financial or in-kind contribution of at least 10% of the total budget of the project.
- Expected financial contribution from the Embassy of Switzerland not intended for:
- study tours and tours of existing works or productions abroad.
- participation fees for exhibitions.
- running costs of public institutions or government bodies, incl. salaries of public servants.
- only purchase of equipment or the provision of consulting services.
- Duration of project of maximum 18 months.
Selection criteria for the project:
- promote cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue.
- take place mainly in Macedonia.
- be relevant to the needs of final beneficiaries and developed in a participatory way.
- not promote any extreme positions that may be perceived as offensive and harmful.
Additional criteria strengthening the merit of a project include:
- project promoting cohesion, or facilitating interethnic and local, national, and regional cooperation.
- project facilitating access to and participation in cultural life for marginalised groups.
How to Apply
Electronic copies of the duly completed application form and attached budget form must be submitted at the address given on the website, with “Application for cultural project grant” as the subject line.
Eligible Country: Macedonia
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.