Deadline: 6 July 2016
The Employment and Training Administration (ETA), U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is seeking applications from eligible entities for a program entitled “YouthBuild” which is a community-based alternative education program for youth between the ages of 16 and 24 who are high school dropouts, adjudicated youth, youth aging out of foster care, youth with disabilities, homeless youth, and other disconnected youth populations.
The YouthBuild model balances project-based academic learning and occupational skills training to prepare disadvantaged youth for career placement.
It supports the goal of increasing affordable housing within communities by teaching youth construction skills learned by building or significantly renovating homes for sale or rent to low-income families or transitional housing for homeless families or individuals.
The YouthBuild program simultaneously addresses several core issues important to low-income communities
- Affordable housing
- Leadership development
- Energy efficiency
- ETA announces the availability of approximately $80 million to fund approximately 80 grants.
- The period of performance is forty (40) months with an anticipated start date of October 1, 2016.
Eligible applicants for these grants are public or private non-profit agencies or organizations including rural, urban, or Native American agencies that have previously served disadvantaged youth in a YouthBuild or other similar program. These agencies or organizations include, but are not limited to:
- a community-based organization;
- a faith-based organization;
- an entity carrying out activities under the WIOA, such as a local workforce development board;
- a community action agency;
- a state or local housing development agency;
- an Indian tribe or other agency primarily serving Native Americans (including those living on reservations), Native Hawaiians, or Alaska Natives;
- a community development corporation;
- a state or local youth service or conservation corps;
- any other entity eligible to provide education or employment training under a federal program;
- an entity in an area designated as a Promise Zone or member of a Promise Zone collaboration, if applicable.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit YouthBuild.