Deadline: 23 August 2016
The Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB), U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is seeking applications from eligible entities for a program entitled “EMPOWER: Increasing Economic and Social Empowerment for Adolescent Girls and Vulnerable Women in Zambia” with an aim to implement a project with the objective of reducing child labor in targeted rural areas in Zambia.
ILAB’s mission is to advance workers’ rights and livelihoods, particularly for the world’s most vulnerable workers. ILAB leads DOL’s efforts to ensure that workers around the world are treated fairly and are able to share in the benefits of the global economy.
- Adolescent girls engaged in or at high risk of entering child labor have increased access to acceptable work and quality training opportunities, including but not limited to, apprenticeships, vocational and technical training, educational services, and/or establishing their own businesses;
- Vulnerable women whose households have children engaged in or at high risk of entering child labor have increased livelihood opportunities, including establishing or expanding their own businesses;
- Public awareness on child labor and gender equality is increased; and
- Collaboration by Government and the private sector on the promotion of acceptable work for adolescent girls and vulnerable women is increased.
- Approximately $5,000,000 in total costs is expected to be available to fund approximately one or more award(s).
- The period of performance is a maximum of 4 years (48 months from the effective date of the award.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Nonprofits, including any faith-based organizations, community-based organizations
- Public/State Controlled Institutions of Higher Education
- Private Institutions of Higher Education
- For-Profit Organizations
- Non-US Entities, including public international organization(s) (PIO) (s), as described in 2 CFR 200.46.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their application forms electronically via given website or in hard copy by mail or in hard copy by hand delivery (including overnight delivery).
For more information, please visit grants.gov.