Deadline: 6 June 2019
ENGIE Africa is currently seeking applications from innovators and startups who are developing new technologies and service-based solutions to improve reliable access to energy and clean water in urban Sub-Saharan Africa.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
ENGIE Africa is a long-term partner for Africa’s growing energy needs. It has over 50 years of experience on the continent and employs 3,000 people of which 98% are Africans. ENGIE now has over 3,000 MW of energy capacity; it is a leader in energy services and provides clean off-grid electricity to more than 2 million people. Africa’s business context is particular and needs new models and technologies which are tailored to its specific needs.
In Sub-Saharan Africa, over 600 million people do not have access to electricity and 2/5 of the African population on average does not have access to a reliable supply of electricity even when connected to the grid. ENGIE Africa recognizes the enormous potential of off-grid solutions and aspires to give access to off-grid green electricity to 30 million people by 2025, but also to improve the access to reliable power to those connected to the grid. Concerning the access to clean water, it is estimated that 17% of the urban sub-Saharan population does not have access to a sanitary source of water.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Specifically for these reasons, ENGIE Africa is looking for solutions for access to electricity and clean water that align with any of the following goals:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Providing affordable, fast-deployed and efficient access to energy/water as a service for families in urban areas in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Taking advantage of digital solutions through mobile economy, efficient payment platforms and powerful data platforms.
- High growth potential offering the opportunity to replicate the model elsewhere.
- Funding of a testing phase: the winner will be able to test the efficiency and viability of his solution in the relevant environment, within the Engie Africa business framework over a period of 12 months.
- Based on the results of the testing phase, the integration within the Engie Africa business portfolio and further co-development of the project.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Innovative nature of the solution
- Technology Readiness
- Maturity of project/solution: the solution must exist physically at the time of application. Projects at the concept stage will not be selected
- Coherence of the proposed business model
- Feasibility/ economic viability
- Ability to launch project quickly / Ease of implementation
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, visit this link.