Deadline: 9 November 2017
The ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme funded by the European Union has launched a call for standard projects to foster fair, equitable and sustainable economic, social and territorial development, which may advance cross-border integration and valorise the participating countries’ territories and values.
The Programme provides the framework for the implementation of cross-border cooperation activities in the context of the European Neighbourhood Policy, complementing efforts exerted within the framework of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership, with the final aim of developing an area of peace, stability, prosperity and good neighbourliness involving EU Mediterranean Countries (EUMC) and Mediterranean Partner Countries (MPCs).
Thematic Objectives and Priorities
- Business and SMEs development
- Support innovative start-up and recently established enterprises, with a particular focus on young and women entrepreneurs and facilitate the protection of their Intellectual Property Rights and commercialisation where applicable
- Strengthen and support euro-Mediterranean networks, clusters, consortia and value chains in traditional sectors (agro-food, tourism, textile/clothing, etc.) and non-traditional sectors (innovative ideas solutions for urban development, eco-housing, sustainable water related and other clean technologies, renewable energy, creative industries, etc.)
- Encourage sustainable tourism initiatives and actions aimed at diversifying into new segments and niches
- Support to education, research, technological development and innovation
- Support technological transfer and commercialisation of research results, strengthening the linkages between research, industry and other private sector actors
- Support SMEs in accessing research and innovation, also through clustering
- Promotion of social inclusion and the fight against poverty
- Provide young people, especially those belonging to the NEETS, and women, with marketable skills
- Support social and solidarity economic actors, also in terms of improving capacities and cooperation with public administrations for services provision
- Environmental protection, climate change adaptation and mitigation
- Support sustainable initiatives targeting innovative and technological solutions to increase water efficiency and encourage use of non-conventional water supply
- Reduce municipal waste generation, promote source-separated collection and its optimal exploitation, in particular its organic component
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency – Support cost-effective and innovative energy rehabilitations relevant to building types and climatic zones, with a focus on public buildings
- Integrated Coastal Zone Management – Incorporate the Ecosystem-Based management approach to ICZM into local development planning, through the improvement of intraterritorial coordination among different stakeholders
- The minimum EU contribution to projects is € 1.000.000 while the maximum contribution is € 3.000.000.
- The maximum budget (total eligible costs) for a project proposal is € 3.500.000.
- Applicants and partners must be based in the Programme eligible territories.
- Applicants and partners from MPCs are eligible only if their Countries have signed the Financing Agreement with the EC.
- The concerned organizations must be legal entities in accordance with National legislations, laws and regulations.
- The proposal only addresses one (1) Thematic Objective and one (1) Priority even if there may be crossover effects with other Priorities.
- The project partnership shall represent a minimum of three (3) eligible countries including at least one (1) EU Mediterranean Country (EUMC) and one (1) Mediterranean Partner Country (MPC).
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Malta, Palestine, Portugal, Spain, Tunisia.
For more information, please visit ENI CBC.