Deadline: 1 August 2017
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a program entitled “Civil Society in Development” with an aim to support CSOs’ contributions towards reinforced governance, accountability and inclusive policy-making, as envisaged in the Strategy and Multi-Annual Indicative Programme.
- Supporting CSOs as actors in governance and accountability
- Supporting CSOs as partners in promoting social development
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 500 000 and EUR 750 000.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a Civil Society Organisation (CSO) constituted in accordance with the legislation in force in the country concerned
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or in the Republic of Tajikistan or in other eligible countries as stipulated in the basic act “Regulation (EU) No 236/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2014 laying down common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union’s instrument for financing external action”.
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the coapplicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies) are not in any of these situations.
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter.
- If awarded the grant contract, the lead applicant will become the beneficiary identified as the Coordinator. The Coordinator is the main interlocutor of the Contracting Authority. It represents and acts on behalf of any other co-beneficiary (if any) and coordinate the design and implementation of the action.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the UK and Tajikistan.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.