Deadline: 20 March 2017
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a programme entitled “European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) Country-Based Support Scheme for Vietnam 2016-2017” to contribute to the development and consolidation of democracy and the rule of law and respect for all human rights and fundamental freedoms, consistent with the European Union’s foreign policy as a whole.
The programme is divided into three lots:
- Lot/Priority 1: Elimination of gender-based violence: EUR 800,000.
- Lot/Priority 2: Freedom of artistic expression and creativity: EUR 450,000.
- Lot/Priority 3: Business and human rights: EUR 450,000.
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 300,000 and EUR 450,000.
Actions must take place in Vietnam.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 30 months nor exceed 42 months
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be legal persons (i.e. having a distinct legal status)
- be non-profit-making
- be a specific type of organisation such as: (a) civil society organisations, including nongovernmental non-profit organisations and independent political foundations, community-based organisations and private-sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations and networks thereof at local, national, regional and international level; (b) public-sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations and networks at local, national, regional and international level
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Non-Vietnamese organisations must act with at least one local co-applicant.
- International organisations (international public-sector organisations set up by intergovernmental
- agreements as well as specialised agencies set up by them; the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the International Federation of National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies) are not eligible applicants under this call for proposals.
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies) are not in any of these situations.
- The applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s) except for non-Vietnamese organisations who must act with at least one local co-applicant, as mentioned above (mandatory).
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK, Vietnam.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.