The European Union is seeking applications for its Support for Business Accelerators and Social Inclusion in Mozambique that improve economic and social development with a special focus on creating sustainable jobs and reducing social inequalities.
- The specific objectives of this call for proposals are as follows:
- LOT1 Incubation and Business Acceleration Services: Catalyze more sustainable public and private investments in Mozambique. Supporting support services for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs), namely business incubation and acceleration services.
- LOT2 Social Inclusion: Reducing disparities by promoting better social services and the participation of citizens in the design and monitoring of public policies, priority will be given to projects focusing on children, young people and people with disabilities.
- The global indicative amount made available under this call for proposals is EUR 6 883 983.
- Breakdown of budget allocation by lot:
- Value of grants:
- Grants requested under this call for proposals must be between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- minimum amount: EUR 450 000
- maximum amount: EUR 750 000
- Grants requested under this call for proposals must be within the following maximum percentages of the total eligible costs of the action:
- For Mozambican applicants:
- Maximum percentage LOT 1 and LOT 2: 95% of the total eligible costs of the action
- For international applicants:
- Maximum percentage LOT 1 and LOT 2: 75% of the total eligible costs of the action
- For Mozambican applicants:
- Lead applicant:
- To be eligible for a grant, lead applicants must:
- be a legal person
- be a civil society organization (including national human rights institutions); exclusively for LOTE1, private sector companies are also eligible, including social enterprises, chambers and business associations, public vocational training operators,
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or or in a Member State of the European Economic Area or in Mozambique,
- This obligation does not apply to international organizations.
- Be directly responsible, together with your co-applicant (s) and affiliated entity (ies), for the preparation and management of the action and do not act as intermediaries.
- Co-applicant (s):
- Co-applicants must participate in the design and implementation of the action and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as the costs borne by the main applicant.
- Co-applicants must meet the same eligibility criteria as those applicable to the lead applicant itself.
- Co-applicants must sign the mandate set out in point 5.
- If applicants are awarded the grant contract, the co-applicant (s) (if applicable) will / will be the beneficiary (ies) of the action (together with the coordinator).
- Affiliated entity (ies):
- The lead applicant and its co-applicant (s) may compete with affiliated entity (ies).
- Only the following entities can be considered as entities affiliated with the main applicant and / or the co-applicant (s):
- Only entities that have a structural link with the applicants (ie the main applicant or a co-applicant), especially a legal or financial link.
- This structural link essentially includes two notions:
- Control, as defined in Directive 2013/34 / EU on annual financial statements, consolidated financial statements and related reports of certain forms of companies:
- Thus, entities affiliated with an applicant can be:
- Entities controlled directly or indirectly by the applicant (affiliated companies). They can also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by the applicant (sub-subsidiary companies), the same applying to subsequent levels of control;
- Entities that control the applicant directly or indirectly (parent companies). Likewise, they can be entities that control an entity that controls the applicant;
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the applicant (subsidiary companies).
- Membership status, that is, the applicant is legally defined as, for example, a network, a federation, an association in which the proposed affiliated entities participate equally or the applicant participates in the same entity (for example, a network, a federation, an association,…) that the proposed affiliated entities.
For more information, visit EU Call for Proposals.