Deadline: 15 December 2016
The European Union (EU) is seeking applications for its program entitled “Common Agricultural Policy (CAP)” to raise public awareness on the relevance of EU support to agriculture and rural development through the CAP.
Proposals should specifically cover the contribution that the CAP makes to:
- boosting jobs, growth and investment in rural areas and the maintenance of viable rural communities throughout the EU
- meeting the EU’s 2030 climate and energy framework, particularly in terms of the potential for farming and forestry to play in climate adaptation and mitigation measures
- sustainable agricultural production that meets the twin requirements of ensuring food security and rural environmental protection, including with regard to water quality and quantity
- ensuring a fair return to farmers from the agri-food chain to maintain the viability of European agricultural production and the future of the family farm model
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of activities is estimated at EUR 3 500 000.
- The applicant (and its affiliated entities if any) shall be a legal entity established in an EU Member State.
- Entities which do not have legal personality under the applicable national law may be eligible applicants, provided that their representatives have the capacity to undertake legal obligations on their behalf, and offer guarantees for the protection of the Union’s financial interests equivalent to that offered by legal persons and provide evidence that they have financial and operational capacity equivalent to that of legal persons.
- Natural persons, as well as entities established for the sole purpose of the implementation of an information measure within this call for proposals are not eligible applicants.
- Examples of eligible organisations:
- non-profit organisations (private or public)
- public authorities (national, regional, local)
- European associations
- educational institutions
- research centres
- companies (for instance communication media companies)
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by post at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.